Campus Profile: Brianna Cloney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Name: Brianna Hunter Cloney 

Year: Senior

Major: Public Relations & Advertising

Minor: English

Hometown: Park Ridge, IL (right in between Downtown Chicago and O’Hare Airport) 

Fun Fact about yourself: As a child, I loved to watch the “hockers” with my grandpa. Now my brother plays collegiate hockey for Colorado State and my dad plays as well. 

What are you involved in on campus: Student Activities Council- Intersections Committee, Public Relations Student Society of America, XU Irish Dance, Peer Mentors

What is your favorite class: This semester, it’s Interpersonal Communication. It is all about how people communicate on a physical, psychological, and physiological level. 

Best advice for freshman: You only get to go through this experience once. Get involved on campus doing something you enjoy, spend time with the people who make you feel best about yourself, explore,and work hard. Don’t spend time worrying about the little things. 

Tell us about your nternship: I am currently the first ever communication intern forth Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Cincinnati. In this position, I do all sorts of things. I interview members of the Cincinnati Alzheimer’s community and write articles for our quarterly newspaper, I contact legislators to discuss policy surrounding the disease, I create materials about the disease for various events, as well as participating in the actual events.

Why is it important to you: My goal is to work in a hospital or non-profit, somewhere that focuses on bettering peoples lives rather than selling a product. So, when I saw the internship at Alz., it immediately caught my attention. Another reason it caught my attention is because of how I see this horrible disease an the effect is has on a family firsthand, day to day. My boyfriends family have become my home away from home, and his grandmother is suffering from late stage Alzheimer’s. That connection sparked my interest in the position even more, because although I am just an intern, I feel as if I am helping to contribute in the fight towards curing Alzheimer’s. 

What do you want to be when you grow up: When I grow up, I hope to someday run communications for a hospital or non-profit, hopefully in Boston. I visited Massachusetts this summer and fell in love. I hope to be in a beautiful place, using communications as a way to successfully deal with crises and provide the community with peace of mind and trust. 

Kathryn Morgan is a Senior Marketing and Public Relations student from Cleveland, Ohio and is the Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not working with Her Campus she spends her time with AMA@X, Xavier Women in Business and finding any puppy close by. She loves macaroons, traveling and bad dad jokes.