Campus Profile: Anna DeHondt

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Name:  Anna DeHondt

Hometown: Detroit, Michigan

Majors/Minors: Occupational Therapy Major; Peace and Justice Studies, Gender and Diversity Studies Minor

What activities are you involved with at Xavier?

I’m a member of Embrace Evanston, and Xavier Student Sustainability. I’m also a Community-Engaged Fellow and a Resident Assistant in Brockman Hall.

What is Embrace Evanston?

It’s a club on campus for volunteers and program leaders at Evanston Academy’s after school programs. These after school programs include Girls On The Run, Boys To Men, and Ladies of Awesomeness. These programs seek to empower the students at Evanston Academy and provide them with fun and safe after school activities.   

What’s something that most people don’t know about you?

I can lick my elbow and I can write my name with my foot.

What have you most enjoyed about being an RA?

I think getting the opportunity to welcome the freshmen to Xavier and watch them grown throughout their first year has been my favorite thing. I feel so blessed to be a part of that journey with them.

What’s one of your favorite memories from your time at Xavier?

The Crosstown Shootout my freshman year when Xavier won. I was sitting in the upper bowl, but the energy was super intense. In order to get the ticket, I bargained to do someone’s laundry.

What are you most looking forward to this year?

I am most looking forward to taking my occupational therapy courses and jumping into my major.

Margot Bond

Xavier '20

Margot is a senior Economics, Sustainability, and Society major with minors in Political Science and Gender and Diversity Studies from Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to writing articles for Her Campus, she is a Resident Assistant at Xavier and involved in student sustainability. She loves listening to John Mayer, watching Netflix, and doing crosswords with her boyfriend. Most importantly, she is 100% a cat person.
Lauren is a senior Marketing major, with minors in Economics and Gender & Diversity Studies at Xavier University. She calls Nashville, Tennessee home, and is the Campus Correspondent and President of HCXU. When she is not writing, she is planning events on the Student Activities Council, building her resume with her brothers in Delta Sigma Pi, or making random Spotify playlists. She is a Diet Coke enthusiast, and wishes she could spend every day hiking or playing with her dog.