Campus Cutie: Joseph Caputi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Campus Cutie: Joseph Caputi

Year: Junior, Class of 2016

Major/Minor: History, Business

Activities: Manager at the O’Connor Sports Center, Pre-Law Society Treasurer, Sustainability Heroes, Peer Mentor, and Approach Leader for 2015-2016

Relationship status: Currently in one with a nice lady from Blue Bell, Pennsylvania

Favorite sport: Football

Hollywood Crush: Zooey Deschanel

Favorite TV show: The Sopranos

What’s your favorite class at Xavier and why?

My favorite class at Xavier is the Age of Big Business that is taught by Dr. O’Hara. Not only is history my major, it is my favorite subject. American History is my area of concentration and with Dr. O’Hara’s superb teaching style, this is by far the class I have enjoyed the most in the past three years.

What’s your worst class at Xavier and why?

My worst class was Biology 160 my freshmen year because I was in it for 20 minutes and then left and proceeded to drop my major… kinda of a quick life decision.

What’s something on your bucket list?

Throw myself a surprise birthday party.

Where are you could you most likely be found on campus?

O’Connor Sports Center front desk, library second floor study desk, or at the Castle (my place of residence).

What’s your dream job?

To become an environmental lawyer and hopefully keep this world alive for another century.

How did you react to being nominated as a HC Campus Cutie?

I was pretty shocked, but I called my Grandma immediately, but she still has not gotten back to me. 

Where did you study abroad?

I studied abroad in London during the summer of 2014.

How long did you study abroad?

I was there for 5 weeks, which also happened to be the whole month of July.

What was your favorite part of the trip, overall?

Celebrating my 20th birthday in Scotland. I am 25% Scottish and my Grandma was actually born there, so being able to celebrate my birthday with new friends in a city that was part of my family history was one of the best experiences I could have asked for.

Did you travel to more than one place? If so, which was your favorite?

I traveled to Liverpool to see the British Open, Scotland, Bath, and Barcelona. Although the weather was nicer in Barcelona, I still have to say that Scotland was my favorite place to visit outside of London. The people and atmosphere were something I have never come across before, and I hope to one day make it back.

What advice do you have for those wanting or planning to study abroad?

Do not hesitate to do it. Do your research, and find out how long you want to go abroad for as there are many options for you to decide. No matter what you pick, remember that this is a chance to let go and find yourself. Get out of your bubble and go experience what more the world has to offer. You never know who or what you might find along the way. 

Allison Wisyanski is a junior English major and Writing minor from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and is a featured writer for HCXU. Allison also writes for the Arts and Entertainment column for the Xavier Newswire. Her guilty pleasures are Nicholas Sparks novels, the color pink, and Nutella. She's a lover of travel and in her spare time, she enjoys to binge-watch JFK documentaries, shop, run, and soak up the sun.
Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.