Style > Beauty

The Broke Girl’s Guide to Fall Beauty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

With fall comes the intense beauty; dark lips, matte skin, smoky eyes and liner so sharp it could cut you makes a comeback. Everyone knows that fall beauty looks are the best, but not always the best on your bank account. So, here is our guide to Internet breaking looks without breaking the bank!

1. Cleanser & Moisturizer ($10)

Cetaphil is a gentle, non-soap cleanser and moisturizer that will soften your skin and keep it from drying and cracking in the transition to the cold weather! It will also get rid of those dreaded blemishes without clogging your pours with soap residue.  You can find it at almost any retail store for a great price!

Photo Credit

2. Matte Foundation ($12)

L’Oreal Paris Infallible Matte Foundation is a great way to achieve matte looking skin that will last all night long. It is high coverage and will be sure to cover any imperfections you might have. Try with the Infallible Powder for the ultimate matte finish.

Photo Credit

3. Brow Pencil ($10)

NYX Micro Pencil will leave your brows nothing less than on fleek. Compared to the high end Anastasia Brow Wiz, the waxing formula is precise and will keep your brows in place.

Photo Credit

4. Bronzer and Blush ($9/$8)

With fall approaching the natural glow and color in the skin begins to fade. NYX Matte Bronzer and Milani Rose Powder Blush will help revive that skin and bring color back to your face!

Photo Credit Photo Credit

5. Eyeshadow Palette ($3)

Wet n’ Wild ColorIcon Eyeshadow Trios have many palettes incorporating warm fall colors. They blend well and are easy to use in order to create any fall smoky eye look.

Photo Credit

6. Eyeliner ($7)

Maybelline Gel Eye Liner creates the sharpest wing and makes drawing a cat eye a piece of cake. It lasts all night and leaves a solid black, matte finish.

Photo Credit

7. Lipstick ($5)

Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Mattes are everything you want in a lipstick. They are creamy, long lasting, and does not dry out your lips. Finally, a drugstore matte lipstick that doesn’t leave your lips chapped! No, we are not kidding! This is not a drill! With so many fall appropriate colors these lipsticks are perfect for the season.

Photo Credit

Layla Helton is a senior Advertising/Media Studies major born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. When she is not writing for HCXU she can be found sitting on her couch working, studying or watching the Bengals game. She spends the majority of her free time with her "goon squad" of friends engaging in all sorts of shenanigans.
Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.