This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

We need all the advice we can get to survive our first few months back at Xavier. Who better to turn to than country singers, where all they sing about is beer, love, Jesus, and more country music? Here’s a personal letter from country singers for the top 15 struggles Xavier students face. 

Dear Xavier Students,

For those nights we just need to go out…

• “God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy” – Dierks Bentley

When you lose all motivation to study, and just want to watch Netflix…

•  “Ain’t it funny how the best days of our lives, is all that wasted time.” – Keith Urban

When you just can’t make it to your 8am…

• “Thank God for all I missed, cause it led me here to this.” – Darius Rucker

For when you’re walking to class, and it randomly starts raining. Because Ohio weather…

• “Every storm runs outta rain, just like every dark night turns to day.” – Gary Allen

source

Whether you’re up all night studying or have the worst hangover ever…

• “If you’re going through hell, keep on going.” – Rodney Atkins

For when you have to follow the Xavier protocol of holding the door…

•   “Hold the door, say please, say thank you.” – Tim McGraw

For those out-of-staters that just don’t understand Skyline or tennis shoes…

•  “There’s still that back-home part of me, that can’t help but see things a little differently.” – Parmalee

When you spend all of your last paycheck going out…

•  “Pennies make dimes and dimes make dollars, dollars buy gas and longneck bottles.” – Frankie Ballard

Source

When the weekend just isn’t long enough…

• “These days are gonna fly by, so baby just hold on.” – Darius Rucker

When you go to 10pm mass, or just talk to Father B in passing…

• “We all gotta find a little faith to fall back on.” – Hunter Hayes

For all those pre-med students…

• “Let your dreams stay big, your worries stay small.” – Rascal Flatts

When you get a noise report on a Friday night…

• “Raise ’em up, You got a voice, you got a choice, Go make some noise.” – Keith Urban

Source

When none of your friends want to go out…

• “We’ll have a house party, we don’t need nobody, turn the TV off, break that boom box out” – Sam Hunt

When you’re climbing the stairs to Elet, and just can’t do it…

• “Ain’t about how fast I get there, ain’t about what’s waiting on the other side. It’s the climb.” -Miley Cyrus

Finally, when you’re contemplating dropping out of college…

• “You’re gonna miss this, you’re gonna want this back. You’re gonna wish these days, hadn’t gone by so fast.” -Trace Adkins

Love,

Country music

Angela Provenzano is an Occupational Therapy major at Xavier University. She loves sunsets, chocolate, puppies and other non-cliché things.