This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you spend too much time listening to music through Spotify. I could go on and on about all the reasons Spotify is amazing, but one of the main reasons is their playlists. So if you are new to Spotify, or are struggling to find playlists to listen to, these are some of the ones I would recommend.

1.  Daily Mixes

Daily Mixes are curated playlists that Spotify creates based on the type of music you tend to listen to. I almost always listen to country and pop music, so I have one Daily Mix playlist that is predominantly country and another that is pop. Daily Mixes are some of my favorite playlists because they are handcrafted towards you. They feature a variety of songs from ones you frequently listen to, sometimes listen to, and have never listened to, but are similar to the ones that you do.

1. Repeat Playlists

Repeat playlists are also curated playlists based on the music you listen to. These are nice because they let you conveniently listen to your favorite songs in one playlist. Basically, they allow you to be lazy and click on one playlist instead of having to switch back and forth from the only three albums you listen to.

1. Release Radar

This playlist is great because it shows you all the new music releases that you might be interested in. You don’t have to worry about forgetting to listen to an artist’s new song.

4. Unwind 00s

I love Unwind 00s because it’s basically caf songs and caf-type songs in one playlist. It’s full of nostalgia, and just fun to listen to when you want to chill.

5. Fangirls Run the World

I love this playlist because it’s full of all the teen bops and jams. Put this playlist on when your friends come over and scream these songs at the top of your lungs!

6. Women of Country

If you love country girl power, this playlist is for you! This playlist gives a great variety of songs from old female country singers, to more modern ones. My only criticism of this playlist is that it has 63 songs, but 0 of are by Taylor Swift. I mean, it’s not like Tay Tay completely redefined what it means to be a woman of country or anything…

7. Country Kind of Love

I feel like this one doesn’t even need an explanation. What could be better than country love songs?

All photos courtesy of the author.

Megan is a history major, with a minor in Professional Education. She is from Aurora, Illinois but hates the cold weather of the north. She loves music, especially Taylor Swift who she has also met. She often spends too much time watching Netflix and eating cookies.
Allison Kane

Xavier '20

Allison Kane is a senior Marketing major and Spanish minor at Xavier University. When she's not working on the HerCampus Xavier Marketing Team, she spends her time, playing catch with her "unwilling" friends, eating Kit Kats and haning out with her fish.