This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

1. Give me the denim.

Nothing is better than finding inexpensive high-waisted jeans and transforming them into new high-waisted shorts. Ahh, thrifting. It’s so fun. Especially when you hit the jackpot and find Levis. Or if you’re feeling really crafty, you can design your own ripped jeans with however many holes you want in them. If you want to take it up another notch, you can paint designs on the jeans you find at your local Goodwill. The possibilities are limitless!

2. Tags lead to bags.

We all know to search high and low for the color tag of the week. We also know that finding out which color tag is on sale gives us an excuse to buy more!!! The prices are already low, and then they go even lower! Goodwill really knows what’s good.

3. Cut those tees.

Old and out of date t-shirts can easily be made into crop tops you can’t find anywhere else (because, honestly, stores probably don’t sell that t-shirt anymore). You can alter a t-shirt into any style you want because if you don’t like it at the end of the day, it’s reassuring to know you only spent $5 on it.

4. Bringin’ those trends back.

Overalls, mom jeans, denim jackets, high-waisted everything, and crop tops are all coming back and trendier than ever. The best thing about Goodwill is that clothes usually come from people who have not cleaned out their closet in a century or (maybe) two. What does that mean? That the trends are coming back at affordable costs and Goodwill shoppers will be the first to get them! Unless you hate old trends, but that is just sad.

5. “I got this at Goodwill.”

It’s always nice when someone compliments your outfit and you can turn to them and say, “Thanks, I got it at Goodwill.” Because there’s no greater feeling than telling people you are frugal with your money, but trendy too. Oh, and let’s not forget the best part, it’s always great to watch people raise their eyebrows and say, “REALLY?”

Jennifer is a dual major in International Business and Spanish at Xavier University. She is from Louisville, Kentucky. She is involved with the CFJ and Women in Business at Xavier.