5 Reasons to Love Your Community Bathroom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Think college, and one of the first things to come to mind are community bathrooms and their horror stories. Community Bathrooms get a bad rep of athlete’s foot and hair-clogged drains, but deep down they just want to be loved! And there are so many reasons to love community bathrooms and all their quirks.

1. You get to rock some shower shoes!

Who says that a communal shower has to be a bad thing? It’s easy to keep it clean and cute by wearing some stylish shower shoes around your community bathroom.

2. The best conversations happen at the sink.

Community bathrooms are the best place to meet new friends while doing mundane tasks like washing your hands, brushing your teeth, and doing your hair. Standing at the sink is the best time to catch up on the day’s events, vent your frustrations, or share a laugh.

3. Shower parties are the best parties.

As crazy as it sounds, shower parties are one of the best parts of community bathrooms. Organize with some friends to shower at the same time so that you can all listen to the same music and rock out–just don’t slip while you’re dancing!

4. You won’t clutter the area around your sink.

If you’re prone to keeping a bunch of bottles, brushes, and toiletries around your bathroom sink, then community bathrooms are a great way to stay organized and limit the mess! Caddies are a great way to keep your essentials in place and tote them from your room to the bathroom.

5. They’re cleaned all the time!

When well-taken care of, community bathrooms can be the cleanest place in your dorm! Most community bathrooms are cleaned every day, and if people choose to take care of them (why wouldn’t you?) they can be pretty much spotless.

Margot Bond

Xavier '20

Margot is a senior Economics, Sustainability, and Society major with minors in Political Science and Gender and Diversity Studies from Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to writing articles for Her Campus, she is a Resident Assistant at Xavier and involved in student sustainability. She loves listening to John Mayer, watching Netflix, and doing crosswords with her boyfriend. Most importantly, she is 100% a cat person.