5 Cute Shops in OTR to Visit This Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

If you haven’t been in OTR lately you’re missing out on some cute shops that have everything from homemade candles, to indie housing goods, to imported Asian trinkets. Spending a weekend walking up and down Vine and Main St. with friends is a simple way to enjoy some downtime while getting some retail therapy in.

1. The Candle Lab

The Candle Lab offers hand poured candles in over 120 different fragrances. They use a natural soy wax, pure fragrance oils, and cotton paper wicks when creating their candles. Don’t want to buy any old candle? Pour your own! Or check out their other products like lotion, sugar scrubs, and other home and body care products.

1325 Vine St. Cincinnati, OH 45202

(614) 915 – 0777

Mon – Sat: 11am – 8pm

Sun: 12 – 5pm

2. Elm & Iron

Elm & Iron offers new and vintage industrial home decor and accessories. Items are always changing and reflect a passion for design. From new lighting to state inspired towels to vintage mailboxes, they have anything you could want.

1326 Vine St. Cincinnati, OH 45202

(513) 954 – 4217

Mon – Fri: 11am – 8pm

Sat: 10am – 8pm

Sun: 11am – 6pm

3. Indigo Hippo

Indigo Hippo is an art store with a twist. It’s a nonprofit art thrift store dedicated to making supplies more accessible to everyone. They’re a pay what you can structured shop, where the customer gives what they believe the items are worth.

1334 Main St. Cincinnati, OH 45202

(513) 918 – 4917

Mon – Sat: 11am – 7pm

Sun: 12 – 6pm

4. Kismet

Kismet is a women’s boutique filled with boho-chic clothes, accessories, and gift items. They recently moved to a new location that’s bigger so shoppers can enjoy even more.

1321 Vine St. Cincinnati, OH 45202

(513) 906 – 7796

Mon – Thurs: 11am – 7pm

Fri – Sat: 11am – 8pm

Sun: 11am – 5pm

5. Mannequin Boutique

Mannequin Boutique offers high-end vintage and designer clothing, while benefiting charities in the Cincinnati area. Shop comfortably knowing that your purchase is going back to a good cause, and it looks good.

1311 Main St. Cincinnati, OH 45202

(513) 428 – 4483

Wed – Sat: 12 – 6pm

Sun: 12 – 4pm

Amber Lauzé is a senior Entrepreneurial Studies and Management double major from Auburn, Maine. When not writing for HCXU, she can found at one of her many jobs, or hunting for her cat that likes to hide in blankets.