21st Birthday Gifts for the BFF That Doesn’t Drink

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

So your best friend’s 21st birthday is coming up, and you have no idea what to get her. You’ve already checked out our 21 ideas for her 21st birthday, but your BFF isn’t all that into drinking. Keep reading for 21 MORE ideas for the perfect alcohol free birthday gift that will still make that big day extra special.

1. DIY Mocktail recipe book

This gift is perfect for your BFF who loves mixing things up behind the bar. You don’t have to include alcohol to have a pretty and delicious drink! 

source

2. State necklace

Source

These are perfect to show your long distance bestie that no matter the distance, you’ll always be best friends.

3. Throw her a pizza party movie night with all of your friends.

Throw it back to birthday parties of the past. Complete the night with a pillow fight and rom-coms.

4. Treat her to a spa day

Whether it’s mani pedis with you or a full body massage, guaranteed she’ll love it.

5. Monogrammed anything

If your best friend loves all things classy and name related, this gift is perfect.

6. Take her out to a dinner.

Bonus points if you buy her a birthday tiara and sash to wear too!

7. Wine glass cookie cutter (and cookies too!)

Everyone loves cookies, so why not celebrate with these adorable cookies. Don’t forget to decorate them!

Source

8. Hair tie bracelet

This bracelet is a must have for basically every girl out there. A cute way to always have a hair tie on your wrist…need we say more.

9. A good read

For your friend who loves a good book, grab her something inspiring or funny for her reading pleasure.

Source

10. S’well Bottle

Source

These water bottles keep drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12…how cool is that?! Not only are they basically magic, they are totally cute too.

11. Diamond Candle

This little candle is two gifts in one!

Source

12. Makeup bag

We can never have enough makeup bags!

Source

13. Wall Décor

Help her spruce up her apartment or dorm walls with some decorative wall art. Make your own or check out these from Francesca’s for inspiration.

Source

14. Cute journal

Does your BFF love to write? Pick her up an adorable journal. We love these from Anthropology or check out Marshalls to get a great deal.

15. 21 of her favorite things

It can be 21 lottery tickets or letters from her closet friends and fam.

Source

16. Scrapbook

Show your best friend how much you care by making a scrapbook of all your favorite memories together.

Source

17. Adorable apron

Perfect for the girl who loves to cook and bake! Also a win win because she’ll want to test it out, and you may get some cookies.

18. Pillows or blankets

Saturday afternoon naps are always more fun with tons of cozy pillows and blankets.

Source

19. Air Plant

For your friend who loves the outdoors but doesn’t have a green thumb, check out these air plants that don’t even need to be watered.

Source

20. Jewelry organizer

From giraffes ring trays to wall arrow necklace holders, you will be sure to find one to fit any personality.

Source

21. Weekender bag

Have a best friend who is going to travel the world? Get her a new weekender bag, so she is always ready for her next adventure.

Source

Kathryn Morgan is a Senior Marketing and Public Relations student from Cleveland, Ohio and is the Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not working with Her Campus she spends her time with AMA@X, Xavier Women in Business and finding any puppy close by. She loves macaroons, traveling and bad dad jokes.
Danielle Curtis is a Junior at Xavier University and is HCXU's Campus Correspondent. She is majoring in English with minors in media studies and writing. She loves traveling, reading, and watching videos of failed marriage proposals.