10 Ways to Stay Motivated During  Finals Week!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Treat Yourself!

Finals week is stressful and we all need a little break from studying here and there By giving yourself rewards, like an episode of Netflix after every two hours of studying, you are sure to stay motivated and feel a little less stressed under your piles of homework. Some examples include a treat after each paper you write, a nap every five hours, or even blocked out time to spend with friends here and there.

Source

Get Lots of Sleep!

Sometimes, sleep can be more important than studying. Throughout the week of studying, make sure you’re getting enough sleep that will allow you to focus on your work. Staying up the entire night to cram in that last-minute information the night before can set you back a lot of the time. Getting the recommended 6-8 hours the night before your exam will help you to feel better rested and more ready to tackle that test!

Source

Divide Up Your Study Time!

Sitting down to conquer all of your studying in one place at one time is sure to allow all that stress to build up. Dividing up your tasks into manageable pieces will make you feel like you’re getting a lot more done and reduce your stress- guaranteed.

Source

Study in Different Locations!

It has been proved in the past that your brain associates the material you are studying with the background noise and setting of wherever you are, even if it happens subconsciously. By studying for different classes in different study spaces, you are more likely to recall the information more clearly.

Source

Study With Friends That Will Help You Stay On Track!

Study with your friends so you can keep each other motivated and on track! When you’re by yourself it’s a lot easier to get distracted and not get a lot of studying done, but with other people around you you can keep each other in check!

Source

Make a Plan!

It’s incredibly easy to get overwhelmed during finals season with final projects, papers, and exams. But you can combat that with making a schedule of what you need to do each day, this way you stay on track and you can breathe once you know what you have to do.

Source

Put Down Your Phone!

Probably the worst thing you can do when trying to settle down to study is to have your phone next to you going off with notifications every few minutes. Put it down! Try putting it on do not disturb, turning it off, or even leaving it in your room if that’s what it’s going to take!

Source

Eat Well!

Eating nothing but junk food may sound like a great idea at the time, but it’s going to make you feel sluggish and will not help boost your energy levels. Make sure you eat plenty of healthy protein, vegetables and fruit, as well as drink lots of water!

Source

Know That You Get To Go Home!

After this is all over, you’re home free for the holidays. Keep in mind that this giant reward is waiting for you at the end of these finals, and you’ll finally get the rest and relaxation you deserve after quite the stressful week.

Source

Remember the Big Picture!

Every time that finals roll around it is so easy to become defeated and ask yourself if you’re ever going to get through this, or you may find yourself wondering why you’re even in college in the first place. If you find yourself thinking this, remember what your end goal is after college and that all of the stress and late nights is worth it.

Source

Good Luck Collegiettes, you got this! 

Mary Soukup is a Sophomore Engineering Physics Major at Xavier University from Aurora, Indiana. When she is not writing articles for Her Campus, she can be found studying or working at the Cincincinnati Zoo. 
Miami University
Kathryn Morgan is a Senior Marketing and Public Relations student from Cleveland, Ohio and is the Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not working with Her Campus she spends her time with AMA@X, Xavier Women in Business and finding any puppy close by. She loves macaroons, traveling and bad dad jokes.