What to Binge Watch on Netflix this Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

You’ve been busy; from classes and internships to putting in overtime to secure that promotion, you haven’t had much ‘me time’.  With Winter Break lasting from early December to January, you’ll have some extra time on your hands to catch up on your Netflix time; we know how much you’ve missed it.  Don’t know where to even begin? Worry not, we have the shows to suit every taste!

1.  Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life

We’ve all heard the hype about the Gilmore Girls reboot- find out what its about this December.  Years have passed since the original series, but catch up with your favorite characters in the imaginary town Stars Hollow.

2.  Longmire

Another Netflix Original, Longmire follows a small-town Wyoming Sheriff as he rebuilds his life following the death of his wife.  If you like a dramatic mystery, this is the show for you.

3.  Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown

For the aspiring chef (or aspiring world traveller), this CNN series will introduce you to a wide variety of cuisines, with the always entertaining Anthony Bourdian.

4.  Dexter

If Criminal Minds and Law and Order were you favorite shows, the Dexter, a serial killer who only targets others serial killers, is the show for you! Follow his double life, working for the Miami police by day as a blood spatter analyst, and targeting murderers at night.

My name is Julia, and I'm currently a freshman at Western Washington University. I love hiking and the outdoors, and drinking way too much tea.