This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

If you are anything like me then the nicer weather makes you want to get out of your cave and go outside. When it is sunny out and starting to get warm, I definitely attend more events around campus. Here are some things at Western that are going on this Spring. 

• If you are looking for a new club that’ll get you moving, check out the Salsa & Bachata Dance Club, which meets every Monday at 7:30 in the Viking Union Multi Purpose Room. 
  • The Art Club will help you get in touch with your creative side this quarter. They meet every Wednesday, 6-8pm, in Fine Arts 213.
  • Coming up the 7th & 8th of April is the Northwest Percussion Festival. Check out the Perfoming Arts Center page for more info and times. 
  • Every Tuesday is Open Mic Night at the Underground Coffeehouse. Here you can watch some fellow students and their amazing talent. And on Wednesday, you can hear some awesome local bands.
  • April 14-23 will have showings for Kiss Me Kate, presented by WWU Opera. 
  • All day on April 21st, there will be and Earth Day Festival in the Viking Union Multi Purpose room. Stop by between classes to see whats going on and what you can do to help our beautiful planet. 
  • The weeks of April 24-28 and May 1-12, there will be an exhibit in the Viking Gallery called Show No. 8. It will be open 11am-5pm all week.
  • If you want to support a graduating student you should check out Smooth, Smooth Jazz, Teague Parkers senior project. Showings take place in the Old Main Theater May 19-21.

I hope that your Spring Quarter is amazing and that you check out some cool things on campus!