Spring Break Problems That Nerdy Girls Face

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

Spring break is considered a time to have fun and get a little rowdy with your friends before school starts up again, but for introverted, nerdy girls like myself sometimes it’s just a break away from everyone around us. We undoubtedly love our friends and would more than love to spend time with them, but with all the hustle and bustle of finals being over sometimes we just want to relax, and partying loses it’s appeal a little bit. So while our friends are out travelling to different countries and heading to Disneyland, here are some spring break problems that nerdy girls love to have.

1. Getting stuck on a binge googling session

There’s so much information out there are the world wide web, especially miscellaneous information that normal people would never need to know for everyday life, but this is the kind of stuff we thrive on. That’s why we know information about all the haunted places in America and all over the world. That’s also the reason why we know the heights of our favorite celebrities, birthdays, and all of the theories to all of your favorite shows. It’s a never ending spiral…

2. Getting a little too obsessed with a show

Speaking of knowing all the theories to your favorite shows… Us nerds get sucked in to things pretty quickly, and the moment we fall in love with something like a new show, we need to know every single detail of it. We’ll spend days binge watching and spend hours on tumblr feeds about the show, empathizing with all of the other people in the fandom who are also freaking out just as much as we are. #JonSnowIsAlive

3. Oh no… Video Games

Not everyone is blessed enough to have a TV and their video games up at school with them, so when we get back home the games never end. Honestly all of the other stuff on this list are just the things that we do in between gaming sessions. Don’t even think about calling us, we can’t pick up because we’re in the middle of an extremely crucial boss battle.

4. Running Out of Books to Read

There’s almost never a worse feeling than reading the last book on the list of books that you have to read. What come’s next? Is there even anything good out there anymore? Will there never be a good story written ever again? What happened to all of the books???

5. Missing Your Friends

Of course we love our time alone, but nobody can be alone forever. At some point during our Spring Break we all end up missing our crazy friends who are out exploring the world, and we can’t wait to get back to school again to see them.