This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

After the cold and forever lasting winter we seem to be having, you have probably run out of movies to watch on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Here are some cool movies that you may have not heard of but should definitely check out. 

1. The Dressmaker (Prime) – A super cute but almost dark movie. If chick flicks are not really your thing but you are being forced to watch one, The Dressmaker is a good choice.
  2. Colonia (Netlix) – I don’t know about you, but I don’t think I have ever seen Emma Watson in any other movie than Harry Potter which is unacceptable since she is so amazing. Colonia is a based on a true story in CHile during the Cold War.
  3. Lion (Prime) – This movie is about a boy who loses his family and lives on the streets of Calcutta. He gets adopted by an Australian family but ad he gets older he tries to find out who he truly is. He needs to find his old family to do so. 
  4. Where to Invade Next (Prime) – If you are into politics and global issues, you should really check out this documentary by Michael Moore. It is so interesting and may have inspired me to possible move to Finland to become an Art teacher. 
  5. Across the Universe (Netflix) – This musical touches on almost every issue in the world, mainly the US, during the 60’s and 70’s. It gives a very interesting perspective to all that was going on. And all of the songs are covers of Beatles originals. 
  6. 13th (Netlix) – Another incredibly powerful and informative documentary. 13th focuses on civil rights issues that continue to exist, mainly through the 13th amendment in our constitution. 
  7. Hurricane Bianca (Netflix) – Written by the one and only Bianca del Rio. A mostly stupid but still funny comedy that is good to watch while cooking or doing some homework. 
  8. The Little Death (Netflix) – A very interesting movie about regular people with some strange… fetishes. Definitely not one to watch with the parents, but still a must see. 
  9. (Dis)Honesty: The Truth About Lies (Netflix) – As I’m sure you can tell, I really like documentaries. This one is all about individuals who participated in what they thought were harmless lies, like all humans, but ended up in some deep trouble. 
  10. 10 Cloverfield Lane (Prime) – Honestly, I have not seen this one because scary movies are not really my cup of tea, but it has been recommended to me several times by different people who all really enjoyed it.