Finding a Summer Job Shown Through Parks and Rec

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

After classes are finally done, we all think we are now free for the summer. Until we are reminded that we have to get a summer job… Here are the stages we all go through during the lovely process of finding a job.

1. Realizing you need a job to keep up with your spending habits

During the summer, we all want to have fun with our friends and just be able to do whatever we want. But most things generally need money and you probably need to earn some after spending it all during the school year.

2. Having your parents constantly ask if you have a job yet

It’s the worst when you are looking for a job and your parents are constantly asking if you have found one yet. I don’t know how many times I have said “I will tell you when I do, please stop asking.”

3. Filling out job applications

Is it just me, or does it seem like job applications always ask the weirdest questions? You just try and fill it out the best you can and hope the see that you are a good person and will do anything to get a job.

4. Hearing your friends talk about their job

It can be difficult to be happy for your friends who already have a job, especially if it is a super cool job, not just a basic minimum wage job, when you are still on the hunt.

5. Finally going on an interview

I feel like no matter how many interviews I have gone on, they are always very stresssul unless you are somehow naturally super good at them. You are just hoping they don’t see all of your stress sweat during the interview.

6. Waiting for them to call you

Once all the interview stuff is done, all you have to do is wait for them to call you, hopefully with the good news that you got the job. But this can be the worst part, just playing the waiting game.

7. Getting the job

The best part! Finally getting that summer job and having money to spend. Now you just have to sometimes deal with going to work when your friends want to go out.

Happy job hunting this summer!