This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

Washington’s Sasquatch music festival is beating at our backdoors it is so close! Many of our Western students will be making the trek out to the beautiful Gorge for a musical experience to remember for a life time. Some of them are multiple-time squatchers’, while some will be experiencing Sasquatch for the first time. So what should people expect to see and what should they bring? We have those answers brought to you by Western’s Sasquatch returnees! 

CampOut.

The Gorge provides a campground for festival goers, but what should they bring in order to survive the five night soiree? The Gorge Camping website provides a list of must have essentials for any camper. This list includes everything from tents, food, water, patience, and “your happy smiley face ready to have some fun!”

Sarah Dunn, Western junior, says to “definitely bring warm stuff to wear if it’s cold at night, Birkenstocks for hanging out at the campsite and LOTS of sunscreen!”

Festival Fashion.

What is a music festival without all the fun things to dress up in? Sasquatch music festival is home to the bohemian, hipster, and some pretty far out fashion fads! Think Coachella but with a Pacific Northwest twist. In 2013, Sasquatch was featured in Teen Vogue! for its festival goers fashion forward and laid-back style.

This year, aside from the flower crowns, high waisted shorts and flannel, Sasquatch is planning to see “lots of flash tattoos and face paint!” said Western junior Kayla Aslani. 

Bring the Party.

Sasquatch is raging party, so be prepared to get wild with other squatchers! As part of the experience, it is important to reunite with friends and to make new friends along the way. The campsite is alive with laughter and good times throughout the night. Sasquatch allows alcohol within the campsite as long as squatchers’ are being smart!

A Sassy View.

The Gorge Amphitheatre, home to Sasquatch, is one of the most beautiful places to see a concert. The venue looks out over the Columbia River, where the festival goer can soak up the summer air and the good vibes while watching the sun set. The Gorge was rated one of the top three best amphitheaters in American by Rolling Stone magazine!

Now What?

Sasquatch is all about the experience. Festival goers can expect to drink in the sounds of incredible music including artists Kendrick Lamar, Modest Mouse, Lana Del Rey, Flume and many more.

Giving a few words of wisdom to first-timers, Western junior Kayla Aslani mentions “don’t have any expectations and go with the flow and you will have a great time!”

Kylee Morgan. WWU. 21 years old. Communications and PR enthusiast. WWU Campus Correspondent.