This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

Name: Cody Brower

Age: 21

Hometown: Tacoma

Relationship Status: Single

Graduation Date: June 2015

Major: Political Science and Spanish

Q: How Did You choose Your Major?

A:  I did speech and debate in high school and then took an AP US government course my senior year and knew that I wanted to study political science in college and then I went to Spain the summer after my freshman year of college and fell in love with the language.

Q: What is your favorite food?

A: That’s a tough one, because there’s so many really.  Goulash over hot potato salad. I haven’t had it in a really long time.

Q: What is your favorite book?

A: For the sake of sounding smart I’ll say “Animal Farm” by George Orwell [whispered: Harry Potter].

Q: What would you say is your favorite movie?

A:  “Secondhand Lions.”

Q: Are you a cat or dog person?

A: I’m a dog person.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A:  I like to throw pottery when I have the time. Netflix and my bed are also good ways to relax, and drinking wine, that’s kind of a hobby.

Q: Are you involved in any extracurricular activities?

A: Yes, I am involved with the Muslim Student Association and the Political Science Association, and as of recent the International Affairs Association.  I’m the president of PSA and serve as the vice president for the Muslim Student Association.

Q: Who is your celebrity crush?

A:  Ryan Gosling.  What’s not to love?

Q: What’s your idea of a perfect date?

A:  I think that my perfect date would be something even better than I could imagine, so I can’t really describe it to you.

Q: How would you describe your ideal romantic partner?

A:  Intelligent, well-rounded, funny, politically minded,  I’ll go ahead and say tall and someone who doesn’t take themselves too seriously.

Q: What is your life motto?

A: Right now, probably “Eat More Pizza.”

Q: Where do you see yourself in five years?

A: Having just graduated from Law school and trying to find a good job doing something I care about.

Q: What is something people don’t know about you?

A:  I’m a Mormon.

Q: Is there anything on your Western bucket list?

A: I would definitely like to sprint across campus –or jog or whatever, walk even– naked at night time.

Q: What is your biggest pet peeve?

A: When someone argues with a professor in class. Man, it gets me going.

Q: What is the best job you’ve ever had?

A:  Probably the one I have now working for the extended education here at Western. I facilitate Spanish lessons for faculty members, so I get paid to teach Spanish.

Q: What is your best quality?

A: I’m compassionate.

Q: Who are your favorite musical artists?

A: There’s just one. Beyonce.

Q: What are you excited for in the future?

A:  I’m excited to not have to worry about the cost of adding guacamole to my meals. 

Carly is a senior at Western Washington University where she is majoring in Political Science and minoring in Ancient Greek Language.  She was the 2013-14 Associated Students Presdident and is currently serving as the Governor-appointed Student Trustee of WWU. Her interests include playing music with Well Wishers (www.facebook.com/wishersofwell) and keeping up on what's happening in Olympia.