Books to Read this Spring Break, Based on Your Favorite Movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WWU chapter.

Spring break is finally here and it’s the perfect time to sink into a good book. Even if you’re not typically a reader, this list matches up books to some popular movies. Happy reading!

If you like X:Men, then you should read The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. This is a book about a world with Red-blooded commoners who serve the elite Silver-blooded royalty, who are gifted with superhuman abilites. This world is turned upside down with the discovery of a young Red-blooded girl who has Silver-blooded abilities. 

If you like Miss Congeniality then you should read Dumplin by Julie Murphy. Willowdean enters herself into the biggest beauty pageant in Texas, in a moment of bravery hoping to represent her misfit friend group and prove that everyone is beautiful. 

If you like Cinderella then you should read Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Fairytales meet the future in this riveting tale of a cyborg caught in political warfare with the people who live on the Moon. 

If you like Water for Elephants then you should read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. The Night Circus is about a mysterious traveling circus created by two dueling magicians. Impossible attractions and real life dreams come to life in a circus unlike any other. It appears without warning, opens only at night and disappears just the same. 

If you like War of the World then you should read The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. This is not your typical alien apocolyspe story, this is about psycological manipulation and a fight for what makes you human.  

If you like Grease then you should read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton. Also set in the 50s, this story tackle gang, class issues, and friendship. You’ll surely feel like a part of the gang and fall in love with these kids who just have it tough.

Let us know what you’ll be reading this Spring Break!

Danika is a student at Western Washington University where she is majoring in English Creative Writing and minoring in Writing Studies. She's an avid reader and aspiring young adult/children's literature publisher. Her interests include intramural sports, traveling, Harry Styles, and all things Disneyland. Follow her on twitter or check out her website.