Wesleyan, We Are Here!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

First of all, if you haven’t checked out Wesleyan’s new website, you most certainly should. It is an excellent representation of the forward movement Wesleyan is making in every way. The website needed quite an update, and quite an update they did.

There is ONE thing that isn’t right about the website.Our Her Campus Chapter is not recognized as a campus organization.

Why is that?

In order to be a campus organization you must apply and pay your dues.We’ve done both, so why is it that, on West Virginia Wesleyan College’s website, Her Campus West Virginia Wesleyan College is not represented with all the other organizations?

We, just as much as every other involved organization on campus have a group of dedicated students contributing to the success of our organization. We, just as much as every other involved organization on campus are representing Wesleyan on our campus and in our community. We even represent West Virginia Wesleyan College on a National and an International front that is growing day by day.

I do regret to say that I do not recognize a 4-H Club, Chapel Choir, Christian Life Council, Circle K, Community Council, Computer Club, Green Club, Loveshine, Mortar Board, and a few other clubs on our campus, but we have a growing social media presence. We have content that gets published on the internet on a weekly basis. We have giveaways to the collegiettes who follow and love us.

I would think that Wesleyan would want to be a part of supporting Her Campus when we’re so much a part of the life of the young women on our campus.

We’ve interviewed and written about faculty, staff, and students who are making a difference on our campus and community. We’ve brought attention to important events and issues on campus by having Wesleyan students write about it and we publish it on a national website.

How many times do we have to say that we’re representing Wesleyan INTERNATIONALLY before Wesleyan will take us seriously?

Are you an organization or club on campus who struggled to be seen? What did you do? Are you still in hiding? Let’s work together so we can be recognized! Let’s tell Wesleyan WE ARE HERE! 

2015 graduate, and part of the founding HerCampus WVWC team, Stephanie now works as a Technical Writer for a technology contractor in Bridgeport, WV. Stephanie married her husband, JR, in October 2014, and together they have one toddler girl who is stealing their hearts and sanity one day and one dumped bowl of crackers at a time.
West Virginia Wesleyan College, English Writing and Communications major.