This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

The weather is getting warmer and it’s time to break out your spring clothes! But there can be certain challenges to transitioning your wardrobe for the new season.

When you pack away your winter wardrobe and break out your spring clothes, it’s important to try on the clothes, especially the basics; like your shorts, your blouses, and anything that looks too small or too big. The sooner you know what fits you properly, the better. If you find a fit issue, you can either toss it (or donate it), take it to your local tailor, or go shopping for a replacement. Nothing is worse than planning an outfit, only to realize that a piece of clothing doesn’t fit the way it used to. When you know what fits and makes you feel good, you are ready to go.

In the beginning of Spring, many times the morning air can still be chilly. So it’s important to dress in layers that can be tastefully discarded throughout the day as the temperature rises. Tops are easy to layer with jackets or cardigans. While long pants are always professional, capris are always a great go-between pants and shorts.

Some people feel a bit uneasy transitioning into a spring/summer wardrobe because it involves showing more skin. If it is a body image fear, just remember that confidence makes any outfit look better! You deserve to feel comfortable in your clothes and in your skin. You are also under no obligation to show more skin than you are comfortable with.

When it comes to showing more skin, just remember to watch out for wardrobe malfunctions.

With these tips, I hope you enjoy the start of spring and continue to feel fabulous wherever you go! 

Photo Sources: Cover, 1

I am adopted from Russia and was raised in West Virginia. I am a double major in English (Writing Concentration) and Musical Theatre. I love art in many different forms be it writing, singing, acting, drawing/painting, or design. I adore fashion and it has helped me become the person that I want to be in life. I am a very open person and love talking to people, so feel free to ask me anything! I am honored to be a part of the Her Campus team and I hope that my writing will bring you a smile. If I'm not in the theater or typing up my version of the great American fashion column, you can always hear me coming from the click of my heels. My advice to all: Stay classy!
Just a small town girl living in an even smaller college town. I'm an Accounting major at WVWC in hopes of someday going to law school. I enjoy coffee, jumping in puddles, & petting the locals' dogs when they take them for walks on campus.