This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Drink water:

• There is no way you cannot NOT drink water! The human body, after all, is made up of 65% water. #watergivesyoulife. Literally nothing is a better feeling than being completely hydrated. Also, drinking the recommended amount of 8 oz. of water a day helps clear up skin, reduce your appetite, and flush out all those gross toxins so your body can maintain its regularity.

Pee after sex:

• I know that after going to pound town with your significant other, laying down and cuddling with them just warms the soul, but first, take a second to go to the bathroom. It reduces your chance of getting a UTI (urinary tract infection) or any other bacterial infections.

Use protection:

• I don’t care how “uncool” it is. It’s definitely uncool to have to live with a sexually transmitted disease and having to try not to spread it to others. Men and women alike should always have a condom that’s not expired or damaged.

Stop creeping on your ex’s social media:

• They’re called exes for a reason. Your relationship obviously didn’t work out for some reason, maybe multiple, so don’t torture yourself. It does nothing but make the “moving on” process worse for you. Also, everything on social media looks glamorous if you’re on the outside looking in. So stop looking! You’re way better than that.

It’s okay to cut family off:

• Family members can be just as toxic to you as other people you encounter throughout your life. Does that make it okay that they treat you in a manner you don’t like just because they are family? No. So, is it okay to cut off a toxic person in your life to grow if that person is a family member? Yes. You have to do what’s best for you and your mental health, because they have to come first.

LOVE YOURSELF:

• This is by far the most important upgrade in anyone’s life. Love yourself, because at the end of the day, your happiness is what’s important to you. Plus, no one will ever love you more than you.

Until next time, HCXO!

Hey my name is Parris and Im a writer and one of the social media directors for HerCampus at WVWC. Im currently studying in Media Studies to soon be a radio or television broadcaster. I love action movies, all music and my asshole of a cat Carder.