Things To Do Besides Trick-Or-Treating on Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

As much as it pains me to say it, society has labelled me “too old” for trick-or-treating. Since I’ve been deemed well over the required age boundary for the past few years, I’ve come up with some alternatives to competing with children for the candy that’s really intended for them. A lot of us may be getting frazzled as this wonderful scary season approaches. We’re all trying to figure out who we’re spending the holiday with, what we’re “dressing up” as, and where/what we’ll even be doing! Not to worry; I’ve got you covered. Here are some fun things to do besides trick-or-treating on Halloween night.

1. Attend a Halloween Party!

Do you want to show off you’re awesome costume but don’t know where to go to do it? Attend a Halloween Party or even host one yourself! There can be great spooky games to play, ghostly-themed dishes and desserts to make, and more. It’s a great way to socialize and celebrate the holiday with friends! Plus, costume parties are always a good time.

2. Go to a Haunted House!

If you’re brave enough, haunted houses are great way to guarantee you’ll get your annual dose of fright for the night. Taking a group of friends to go with you is tons of fun, or, if you dare, you can go through those horrifying hallways alone.

3. Have a Scary Movie Marathon!

A really exciting way to embrace the Halloween spirit is to have a scary movie marathon! Make some popcorn, turn the lights out, and cuddle up with your friends under some blankets as you peek out from between your hands watching those horror flicks.

4. Travel Through a Corn Maze!

There’s nothing creepier than running through a corn maze in the dark of night trying to find your way back to civilization. Children of the Corn? No, thank you! If you enjoy puzzles and challenges, this is the activity for you! Just hope nothing is inside waiting for you…

5. Get Crafty with Some Pumpkin Carving!

One of my favorite memories I recall from my childhood is carving pumpkins with friends and family. From creating your classic Jack-O’-Lantern to cute kitty faces, you can always express your holiday spirit through the face of a pumpkin.

6. Tell Ghost Stories Around a Campfire!

You know you’re doing it right when you’re spending the night with friends around a campfire. Grab some s’mores, a big jacket, and a flashlight as you all compete to out-scare the others with your creative, scary tales.

​Be safe and have fun this Halloween! We must all remember; although we may be too old for trick-or-treating, no one said we’re too old for candy.