Spring Weekend 2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Everyone knows that spring weekend is (debatably) one of the best weekends at Wesleyan, besides Homecoming, JUMP, and maybe even Parent’s Weekend. If this spring weekend is your first one, or you want to know some more about what’s going on around campus, then keep reading! We have the scoop for you!

Corn Hole Tournament

The sisters of Alpha Delta Pi are holding their annual cornhole tournament again this year! This event is open to anyone on campus who wants to play, including visiting parents and alum. You can competitively or just play a few games for fun- it’s up to you! The money raised from this event will be donated to the sorority’s philanthropy, Ronald McDonald House Charities. Visit the oval from 1-3 PM on Saturday the 8th for fun games of cornhole to support a great cause! (I’ve even heard that they’ll have baked goods for sale… yum!)

Zul’s

Did someone say Zul’s!? Buckhannon is known for this tasty treat that also makes its appearance on campus during Spring Weekend. The sisters of Alpha Gamma Delta are back again this year to sell this sweet lemonade drink around campus. They even sold it outside of the gym during Greek Week events on Friday night! The proceeds also support their philanthropy the American Diabetes Association. Enjoy this treat and support another great cause this weekend!

Greek Week Events

Many people across campus have been keeping up with the excitement that leads up to Spring Weekend, and that excitement includes Greek Week events. From track events to keg throwing to triathlons, Wesleyan has been watching it all throughout the past two weeks. But Greek Week comes to a close on the Saturday of Spring Weekend. The fraternity basketball championship was played on Friday night and the oval events such as cornhole, three-legged races, and grape-eating contests were played in the Auxilary Gym on Friday night for the sororities. But the friendly competition continues on Saturday as the fraternities and sororities battle it out for first place. Bed/mattress races will be held at Jawbone Park at 9 AM as the final Greek Week event. Before Spring Sing.

Spring Sing

Last, but not least, Spring Sing will be held on Saturday night at 7:30 in the Chapel. All fraternities and sororities along with the BSU will compete to win the best show! This year’s theme was voted on by the student body in the fall semester as Musicals, Movies, & Mashups. The shows by all organizations will certainly be something that you don’t want to miss. It’s practically guaranteed that they will all be entertaining!

There you have it Wesleyan! Don’t miss out on all the fun that surrounds Spring Weekend 2017!

Just a small town girl living in an even smaller college town. I'm an Accounting major at WVWC in hopes of someday going to law school. I enjoy coffee, jumping in puddles, & petting the locals' dogs when they take them for walks on campus.