Signs That Those Headaches Could Be Something More

Do you have moderate to severe headaches that grow increasingly worse whenever you move your eyes? Do you experience blurred or dimmed vision? If you answered yes, you may be suffering from a disease called pseudotumor cerebri. 

The name in itself sounds scary, but it is also misleading because it occurs when the pressure inside of your skull increases for no apparent reason. The symptoms often mimic those of a brain tumor with no tumor actually being present.

I personally suffer from this disease, and before I was diagnosed, the symptoms were unbearable. In addition to severe headaches behind the eyes, symptoms also include ringing in the ears, blurry vision, dizziness, and back pain.

It is extremely important to take note of these symptoms and talk to your doctor for conformation. If left untreated, you may experience worsening vision and possibly eventual blindness. In many cases, medication is all that is necessary to treat this disease. In other cases, surgery is needed.

If you believe you may be suffering from pseudotumor cerbri, contact your local healthcare provider and make an appointment. For more information you can go to www.mayoclinic.com or www.ninds.nih.gov

Hi. My name is Karly and I write for the health section of Her Campus at West Virginia Wesleyan College. I am a Psychology student and plan t go on and earn my PhD. I am very passionate about music. I've played guitar for six years, I can somewhat play the piano and a little bit of the drums. I sing as well. Her Campus has given me an opportunity to write articles about women for women. I love being a part of organizations that involve empowering the women of this world and Her Campus offers just that.