This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

If you’re like me, you’re in your final semester of college and trying to avoid the dreaded disease that is… Senioritis!

There are a few different ways to spot a fellow student with senioritis. First, listen in and see if they are constantly being asked “Are you excited?” and “What are you going to do with your degree?” Then, examine their choice of clothing. Or, more importantly, examine your own. Do you look like a soon-to be graduate? Or do you look like a victim of senioritis?

All joking aside, the lack of motivation associated with senioritis has many side effects, most notable being on academics when the work quality suffers or attendance drops; but a lack of motivation can come across in your personal presentation as well.

Here are a few thoughts to consider if you or a fellow senior have succumbed to senioritis:

1.Take a good, subjective look at your current style:

How much time do you put into your appearance? Are you wearing pajamas to class? Are you skipping showers or wearing the same socks for three days? If so, you just might have senioritis style.

2.Keep in mind that no one is requiring your Sunday best wardrobe to attend class, but be sure to stay on top of your personal grooming:

It may sound laughable, but little steps like remembering to brush your hair can make the difference between a refreshed and a tired look.

1. In short, dress to impress!

You may ask, “why does what I look like at this point matter?” At this point, your appearance is arguably more important that when you were a freshman in college. As a soon-to-be college graduate, you will be expected to represent your field in the job market. Personal care can make a great deal of difference in a job interview, or even in asking your professor for a letter of recommendation. When you look put together, you are associated with trustworthiness.

1. Consider how your style makes you feel:

We all want to feel comfortable, but comfort and confidence are not mutually exclusive. Dress to make yourself feel as though you can conquer anything!

1. If you are considering a style spice-up, think about where you will be in a year:

If you are shopping, look for clothes that will fit into your future lifestyle or career goals. As What Not to Wear hosts have stated again and again: “Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.”

At the core, we came to college to pursue our passions and set ourselves up for a bright future. Style is an important component of who we are and how we are perceived. So, before you dawn that cap and gown, make the most of every last day of college! Every outfit is a celebration of how far you have come! 

Stay studious, Ladies! 

Image Sources:

https://www.theodysseyonline.com/open-letter-senioritis

http://www.germmagazine.com/avoiding-dreading-or-experiencing-senioritis-read-on/

http://www.centralpennparent.com/2017/the-home-stretch-supporting-your-college-bound-child-in-their-senior-year/

I am adopted from Russia and was raised in West Virginia. I am a double major in English (Writing Concentration) and Musical Theatre. I love art in many different forms be it writing, singing, acting, drawing/painting, or design. I adore fashion and it has helped me become the person that I want to be in life. I am a very open person and love talking to people, so feel free to ask me anything! I am honored to be a part of the Her Campus team and I hope that my writing will bring you a smile. If I'm not in the theater or typing up my version of the great American fashion column, you can always hear me coming from the click of my heels. My advice to all: Stay classy!