RLCG: Regaining Focus (Even After Fall Break)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

We’ve officially reached that point in the semester where we’re getting back on track (or at least trying to) after our short lived, but much appreciated, fall break. It seems almost impossible to get back into the swing of things, but don’t fear collegiettes! I have some advice that will make the impossible seem easy! 

“I’m drowning in work! How do I budget my time wisely?” 

– Sincerely, Overworked and Confused

Dear Overworked and Confused,

It seems like work is just piling up since you’ve gotten back, huh? Budgeting time is something that everyone seems to struggle with at some point or another. Something that is vital to remember when thinking about time is that you should spend your time on important things. I’m not saying that a three hour midday nap isn’t important, just that it can probably wait until you get more important things out of the way.

You should also definitely keep a planner, and write everything down. You should never have to waste time trying to remember what an assignment was, or when it’s due. Plan ahead! You can try writing out a daily schedule with a list of things you hope to get accomplished for that day, and how long each should take that way you know when would be a good time to start on it.

Instead of taking a nap between your classes, hit the library and start your homework in the middle of the day instead of waiting till that evening. Try not to put things off until the last minute to the point where they completely stress you out; when you’re stressed it makes it harder for you to think and focus.

Allowing flexibility in your schedule is definitely a must; at this point in life, you’ve realized that things don’t always work out how you’d like, so leave some spare time in there just in case!

The last thing to remember is to never sacrifice your wellbeing because you have so much work to do. Never skip meals because eating is just as important as that mountain of work you have piling up, if not more so! Also, make sure you’re getting plenty of sleep at night. Pulling all-nighters make for good stories after college but they’re really never a good idea! Always budget in a little bit of time here and there for a break; talk to your friends or just relax peacefully. With these tips there’s no way you can fail!

Best of luck with budgeting your time and getting all of that pesky homework done! Be sure to follow me on Twitter for a chance to be featured in my next article! 

Until next time, collegiettes!

– Marissa 

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !