RLCG: How do you forgive, when you have been physically, mentally, and emotionally destroyed?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

We all have been hurt once in our life’s and it is not fun. It is hard to forgive someone who we have given trust too.

Forgiveness is more difficult to give than giving trust. It’s harder to love someone and then act like you never did.

Being hurt can change everything, especially if the person who hurt you is close to you.

We do not think family would be the ones who would hurt us, but family members are the ones who when. They hurt us, it cuts deeper than it would if someone else would.

If you do not forgive those who hurt you, you allow them to have power over you. All that does to you is make you even more upset.

The saying that is known for times for when someone has hurt is, “forgive and forget” is a good way to life so you can be released from stress, but that can only get you so far. You have to “forgive but don’t forget” if you forget why the person hurt you or how it became to the point of hurting you, you won’t see it conning and you will get hurt over and over again.

There are three ways your body responds to the stress of bring hurt:

1) physical aches and pains

2) mentally, you don’t know who you can trust if you have been hurt multiple times

3) emotionally, you shut off everyone and everything and you beat yourself up for what happened.

These things combined can lead to depression. You don’t need that. You have get yourself of the pre-depression stage. Getting hurt sucks but becoming depression is not worth it. So, don’t allow someone else’s mistake affect you to the point you change for the wrong reasons.

Think about it this way. If someone hurts you again and again, or might not have a good reason for what they did, that’s a way of life telling you to shake the dust off your shoes and leave them. Get rid of them.

Junior at WVWC Football player Education Major WVWC Ambassador Alpha Sigma Phi Fraternity 20 years old
West Virginia Wesleyan College, English Writing and Communications major.