Packing Essentials for Your Weekend Trips

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Unarguably, one of the best parts of the college experience is getting together a group of friends to get off campus during the weekends– or adventuring during short breaks from class.  If you’re anything like me, you’re probably a broke college student who can’t afford to travel much, but for special occasions when you want to go somewhere, here are things to grab from your dorm room to survive if you forget everything else:

1.Your phone and charger.

For the obvious reasons like keeping in contact with friends/family, but also for emergencies and last minute map navigation if you get lost.

2. Sunscreen and bug spray.

Going camping, hiking, or to an outdoor concert? You never know when you’re gonna need it. And if you don’t, someone you’re with probably will.

3. Snacks and drinks/your personal water bottle

If you’re on a road trip, having some quick, grabable munchies is an essential part of the experience.  Plus, you never know what’s gonna happen; you could be stuck on a back road or have less access to fast food.

4.  A change of clothes.

Obviously, if you’re going somewhere overnight, you’ll know to have this, but even if it’s just a day trip, have a back-up shirt and/or some extra underwear.  You really never know where your college adventures will take you!

5. Deodorant, dry shampoo, and toothbrush.

This goes along with the change of clothes, but it’s good to have these things if you need to skip a shower day or just feel gross and want to freshen up.

Happy traveling, collegiettes!