jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

Orange You Glad It’s Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Fall has always been my favorite season.

I have so many memories, from going to football games all bundled up, to going to the pumpkin patch to pick out pumpkins before we went home and carved them that same night. I remember as a kid raking up all the leaves we could find and then jumping into the pile repeatedly.

More recently I remember going out with my sister so that we could do little fall photo shoots and just have a fun time together. In my opinion, Fall has always been about family bonding. It seemed to be the time that I was always with my family the most, and no one could take that away from me.

A memory that will always come to mind when someone mentions fall is Thanksgiving dinner. Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays because of the family bonding and all the food that comes with it. However, since the fall of 2016 things haven’t been the same. It was on November 1sof 2016 that my grandfather passed away.

He was the rock of the family who always led the blessing at Thanksgiving and was the light of the party. When he passed, the holidays seemed to become harder on everyone in the family. I do however, believe that it has brought us closer together as a family. Fall has always been my happy time. The time surrounded by my family and doing some of the most amazing activities that should have lasted so much longer than they really did.

I can’t wait to spend time with my family this fall, and possibly make some new family traditions!

WVWC 2022 Exercise Science Major I enjoy photography and the outdoors