tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

An Open Letter to My Little Sister

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Lil Sis,

Ever since we were little, I tried to be the best big sister possible. I always tried to be the strong protective one, but we both know that it sometimes didn’t work out that way. You’re usually the strong one in this relationship, but that’s ok. Thank you for being the tough sister. I know that it hasn’t always been easy for you. Thank you for standing up for me and being the extrovert who wasn’t afraid to speak her mind. Thank you for being there for me whenever I need to rant or when someone made me upset. I hope that me talking to you about my mistakes helps you not make the same mistakes I have in the future. I know that sometimes we fight about just about everything under the sun most of the time, but we always work it out.

You have always been there to support me, and I could never thank you enough. Thank you for the countless number of memories that we have, from stopping to get ice cream, french fries, or Starbucks on our way to or from school. To our jam sessions in the car with the windows rolled down and the music up as loud as it could go. We have had so many amazing times together! Thank you for staying by my side through every hospital and doctor visit.

I want you to remember that whether you like it or not I am your sister, and if you ever need anything, I will be there for you no matter what; I am always only a call away.

I love you so much! Always remember we’re “sisters by chance, friends by choice!”

Love,

Your Big Sister

WVWC 2022 Exercise Science Major I enjoy photography and the outdoors