Learn How to Welcome Change With De’Ja Tunstall!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

It’s that time again; the school year has come back in full swing and we’re already facing changes: new relationship statuses, new wardrobes, new roommates, new friendships. New everything!

Wesleyan sophomore De’Ja Tunstall has a lot to say about change and what she’s looking forward to this year.

Her Campus WVWC: What three things can you think of that changed over this year?

De’Ja Tunstall: Relationships, friendships and roommates.

HC WVWC: How have they changed?

DT: Well, relationship-wise, I’m now in a long distance relationship because he no longer attends the same school. It’s harder because of the distance, and we have to communicate more. I have to be more social with others. My roommate from last semester was a year older than me but my current roommate is a sophomore, so I feel I’m able to relate to her more because we’re in the same year.

HC WVWC: What advice would you give to other students in a similar situation?

DT: For relationships, of course frequent communication, maintaining trust, having a plan for seeing each other again, and being active in each other’s lives are all key. I’d say don’t dedicate all your time to that one person—make time for yourself. For friendships, build trust, and open up. Don’t be scared to make new friends and just have fun together. For roommates, be in mutual agreement with everything and getting along is key.

HC WVWC: What do you think are the benefits of each of these changes in your life?

DT: For relationships, I won’t be as distracted as I was last year. For friendships, I know that I’m not alone. For roommates, I’m learning how to live with someone in the same year as me and taking, so we’re taking this journey together.

HC WVWC: Do you like change?

DT: Yes, change can be amazing. You get to learn a lot from it and it can help prepare you for change in the future.

HC WVWC: What do you look forward to in your sophomore year?

DT: I look forward to exploring my field of computer information science and getting to know more people! I’d also like to minor in graphic designing. I want go to the military and work for the federal government someday.

As you can see, De’Ja is great example of someone who welcomes change into her life. She’s grown because her experiences, and so can you, collegiette!

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !