Lamar Thompson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Name: Lamar Thompson

Year: Junior

Hometown: Huntington, W.Va.

Major: Business administration

Minor: Communication studies

Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius

Dream Job: Become a CEO of a large global company like Coca-Cola.

Relationship Status: Taken

Approach or Be Approached: I like to approach first.

Campus Activities: FCA, KA, track and field

Hobbies: Sports, hanging out with friends, writing

Favorite Quote or Motto: “FNAO: failure is not an option,” because it lets me know that, no matter what, I can’t afford to give up.

Perfect Date: A casual dinner and a movie, or just hanging out and talking. All of the conversation should be natural and nothing should feel overdone or overly complicated.

Celebrity Girl Crush: Gabriel Union, because she is really attractive and has a great personality and good morals.

Favorite TV Show: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, because it’s a classic and I like Will Smith. It gives me a laugh every time I watch it!

Favorite Food: Chicken Alfaro. My mom always makes it and I love Italian food.

Are you a good dancer? I’m ok; average, I guess.

Do you have any pets? No, but I’d love to have a Siberian husky.

Where do you most want to travel? Spain, because it is a beautiful country with beautiful culture all around!

Best Asset: My personality. I love how I can talk and relate to people and how I can remain humble about myself at the same time.

Genie in a bottle, what are your three wishes? End poverty, put my family in a stable situation for life, and make the world a better place by allowing people to be viewed equally without stereotype or prejudice.

Greatest Moment at Wesleyan: The first championship I won for track and field for open 400, open 200 and 4×4 relay. Also rushing KA. They have been my best moments I’ve had here thus far.

Most Embarrassing Moment: When I walking home from school with friends and there was this dog in my neighborhood that didn’t like me. He was a little poodle. I decided to tease him one day, not realizing that he wasn’t chained. The dog started barking and chased me down the street. I was screaming and got to my door, but it was locked. I started screaming for my mom to let me in, but she stood in the window laughing at me instead. The dog caught up and bit me. Needless to say I was very embarrassed in front of my friends after they saw that!

Greatest Achievement: Being an upstanding member in society and role model for my community. I like to make a positive image for myself.

Advice to Your Younger Self:  Don’t follow the crowd and stay on the right path. Stay driven and do not lose who you are. Also, don’t lose your morals or values.

A Question to Your Future Self:  What lies ahead?

Living life will only inspire your work.
Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !