Josh Lopitz ’16: Theta Xi President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

When he’s not on the track practicing for an upcoming meet, our campus celebrity this week is leading organizations and donating to a worthy cause. Meet Josh Lopitz:

Josh is a junior from Leonardtown, Maryland, studying communications at West Virginia Wesleyan.

In addition to focusing on his academics, Josh is very dedicated to his extracurricular activities. While being the two-time president of Theta Xi, he is also PR Chairman, Brotherhood Chairman, Alumni Relations Chairman, and Rush Chairman.

As if he wasn’t already very involved on campus, Josh is a member of the Men’s Indoor and Outdoor Track and Field team and a Wesleyan Ambassador.

After a blood donor saved his life, Josh has developed a passion for donating blood to the American Red Cross. “I donate every opportunity that I get,” says Lopitz.

The American Red Cross collects over 15.7 million donations of blood a year, donating it to the nearly 41,000 patients needing the donations every year. While 38% of the American population is eligible to donate blood, less than 10% actually do.

To learn more about how you can join Josh and donate blood to the American Red Cross to save lives, visit: http://www.redcrossblood.org/.

Whether you see our campus celebrity representing WVWC at a track meet, giving a tour to potential students and parents, or donating blood, you can be sure that he is making a big difference on campus and in the community! 

West Virginia Wesleyan College, English Writing and Communications major.