This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Name: Jock Simon

Nickname: Jock- Jock

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Salisbury, Md.

Major: Marketing/business

Dream Job: Become a doctor

Relationship Status: Single

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Approach or Be Approached: I like a bit of both. I feel weird being one-sided. Being approached too much makes you seem antisocial. And going up to everyone all the time makes you look too eager.

Campus Activities: WVWC football, marketing club

Hobbies: I love listening to new music, going to the gym and playing chess.

Favorite Quote or Motto: “When you become lazy, it’s disrespectful to those who believe in you.” I like it because it keeps me motivated to do my best and do good with my life. You need to take advantage of life to live up to your potential.

Perfect Date: Go to New York City and go shopping and have a nice dinner. It sounds cliché but it would be really nice.

Celebrity Girl Crush: Alicia Keys, because I love girls that can sing and you don’t hear about her a lot in the press. I don’t like it when girls are too out there in the public. I like my privacy. 

Favorite TV Show: American Horror Story or Grey’s Anatomy. I have really gotten addicted to it recently. I’m already on season 6 and might stay up and knock out another season tonight!

Favorite Food: I love all kinds of food but Chipotle is my favorite. I recently got a $25 gift card and it made me so happy!

Are you a good dancer? Heck no! I can’t dance, and I can’t sing. That’s why I like girls that can sing and dance because it intrigues me. But if they try to make me dance, I will not get up.

Do you have any pets: I have a pit bull name Dollar. He is all black and I’ve had him since I was in 5th grade.

Where do you most want to travel? Anywhere warm. I love tropical places like the Caribbean or Brazil. I like more exotic destinations.

Best asset: I like to think I’m good at talking to people and holding conversations; it helps a lot in life.

Favorite book: The Maximus Ride series. I read it in high school and it is still, to this day, one of my favorite things to read.

Genie in a bottle, what are your three wishes? Good health for the rest of my life, a lifetime supply of Chipotle, and to make sure that my family never needs anything.

Greatest moment at Wesleyan: I was going back to Maryland to help my friend and we had another one of our other friends with us. We left Wesleyan at 4 p.m. and, mind you, that it is a seven-hour drive. We left and came back the same night and got back at about 6 a.m. I got back in time to take my final and it was one of the craziest and most memorable nights with my college friends.

Most embarrassing moment: I got pantsed in front of all the cheerleaders at high school. I was a freshman and the guy that did it was a senior. Everything came down and it was so embarrassing!

Greatest achievement: Just being able to come to college has been a blessing. I feel like I have achieved a lot but I know that there are greater things ahead in my future.

Advice to your younger self: Be careful with who you keep close to you

A question to your future self: Did you accomplish everything that you wanted to in life?

Living life will only inspire your work.
Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !