Jenna Plummer ’14: President of Zeta Tau Alpha

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Friendships aren’t something Jenna Plummer only wants to keep while she’s at Wesleyan—she’s in it for the long haul. She exudes this attitude, especially since she is newest president of her sorority, Zeta Tau Alpha.

“I joined Zeta Tau Alpha because I wanted to make new friends and connections that would be with me now and would stay with me for the rest of my life,” Plummer said.

Plummer, 21, of Pittsburgh, Pa., is a junior who is majoring in sports business. She joined Zeta Tau Alpha in the spring of 2011. Interestingly, she has not held a position in the sorority before she was elected as president, a daunting fact. However, according to Plummer, when she wants something, she goes for it, all fears and reservations aside.  

“I ran for president because I wanted to make a difference within our chapter,” Plummer said. “I have a pretty clear idea of where we would like to go as a chapter, in regards to our goals, and I would like nothing more than to lead us in that direction for the future.”

For Plummer, the pressure to lead effectively is a large part of the job’s stress. As with all leaders, she has doubts and expectations that she expects to exceed, for failure would not only mean letting herself down, but also her sisters, both past and present.

Despite that fear, Plummer has big aspirations for her chapter, particularly by getting the sorority’s name into the community and helping Buckhannon. She also plans to further the chapter’s continued efforts to support their national philanthropy, The Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation, that promotes breast cancer awareness and research.

To accomplish her goals, Plummer has a simple formula: put her whole self into the large task in front of her, never shying away from a stressful new job. She said she is ready to give her time, devotion, and enthusiasm to her organization and hopes to reap exciting benefits.

“My biggest hope for the upcoming year is to keep the Zeta spirit alive and well,” Plummer said. “I hope to do this by putting my whole heart into our chapter and doing what is right for us.”

With such zeal for her chapter from the get-go, Plummer will undoubtedly know just what to do to keep that spirit alive.