This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Name: James Halston Young

Nickname: Jamie

Year: Senior

Hometown: Teays Valley, W.Va.

Major: Communication Studies

Dream Job: A racecar driver. I know it’s dumb, but a guy can dream.

Relationship Status: Taken

Zodiac Sign: Libra

Approach or Be Approached: Be approached; I’m kind of shy sometimes.

Campus Activities: Editor-in-Chief of The Pharos, member of Alpha Psi Omega

Hobbies: Cycling and weight lifting/exercising, camping, theatre

Favorite Quote or Motto: “There’s always more left in the tank.” – Some Guy on Naked and Afraid

Perfect Date: I’d want to go somewhere new and exciting, whether it be an amusement park or somewhere scenic. Good weather would be nice for a change.

Celebrity Girl Crush: If I had to choose somebody, it would probably be Jessica Alba.

Favorite TV Show: My all-time favorite is Breaking Bad, but I can’t really name a current series because I don’t watch much TV.

Favorite Food: Hamburgers and sandwiches

Are you a good dancer? I’m the last person that you’d want to see dance.

Do you have any pets? My family has three cats at home: Bailey, Petunia and Pickles. They drive us nuts.

Where do you most want to travel? I’d like to head West someday, or go to some European country.

Best asset: I have a really strange sense of humor. But it makes people laugh, so whatever works.

Favorite book: Pet Sematary by Stephen King.

Genie in a bottle, what are your three wishes? 1. To be able to snap my fingers and be anywhere. Driving sucks. 2. To have the means to provide for my family and myself. 3. To prevent the manbun from ever happening.

Greatest moment at Wesleyan: When I played Mr. McQueen in Urinetown: The Musical. Most people didn’t think I was funny, but my friends and family did. So I guess that’s all that matters.

Most embarrassing moment: It’s pretty tough to embarrass me, but if I had to say, sixth to tenth grade was a dark, dark time.

Greatest achievement: Ask me after graduation and I’ll be able to tell you.

Advice to your younger self: Don’t be afraid to get out of your comfort zone.

A question to your future self: What did I end up doing after graduation?

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !