Have Flawless Hair This V-Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! Half of you are now either retching or running to the nearest convenient store to find something for your S.O. Sorry about that.

But hey, it doesn’t have to be all bad! You don’t have to spend the weekend curled up in bed with that jumbo-sized box of Ferrero Rocher that you got from a secret admirer (AKA, yourself), nor should you feel compelled to wallow in self-pity as you watch rom-coms and The Notebook on a loop.

Do something with your girlfriends or treat yo-self by going to the movies or the mall.

And if you do have a Special Someone, by all means, do something fun with them!

Just do something.  

If your pessimism still hasn’t been dissuaded, you can at lease plan out a killer look to make this V-Day suck a little less.

No matter what your itinerary holds this weekend, you can plan on one thing: looking ah-mazing!

Here are some tips for fun and flirty hairstyles that might actually save you time, so you can focus on more important things, like Netflix and chocolate.

1. The Triple Twist.

This is the perfect hairstyle for long hair, especially if you’re going for an effortless look with a hint of elegance.

First, tease the roots of your hair and into three equal sections. Place the two sections on either side of your face over your shoulders to keep them out of the way as you work with the middle section.

Next, tease the middle section from top to bottom, then twist it, wrapping it around your middle or index finger. Pin the twisted section in place using bobby pins.

Then, take the left section of hair and repeat the process you did for the middle section, but make sure to secure it next to that first twist.

Finally, take the right section of hair and drape and twist it over the twists you’ve already created. Secure with bobby pins and some hairspray, and you’re ready to go! (via Twist Me Pretty)

2. The Messy Bun 2.0.

No, this is not the messy bun that every basic was privy to in high school. Thankfully, it’s a bit more tasteful, but takes around the same amount of time! So, basically, it’s a win-win.

Divide your hair into two sections at the nape of your neck, as if you’re about to make pigtails.

Then, wrap the sections around one another one time. You should have quite a bit of remaining hair, so continue to wrap and loop the ends of your hair until the bun feels secure.

Set with bobby pins and hairspray, and even include a hair accessory if you’re that fancy!

3. The Half-crown Braid.

This look is perfect for long and short hair alike. And the best part? It allows you to show off your fun side.

Section off two medium sections of hair that frame your face. With bobby pins handy, begin braiding one side loosely, tightening up as you go. Don’t braid the whole strand of hair.

Once you’ve finished, pull the braid behind your head and secure with bobby pins.

Repeat the same steps with the other section of hair, but place it either above or below the other braided section. Secure with bobby pins and spray if desired.     

Show us your Valentine’s or Galentines Day hairstyle on Twitter @HerCampusWVWC!

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !
A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!