Gifts in a Jar for Everyone in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

In search of some low cost gifts this holiday season? Try a DIY jar this year for all your friends and family! They’re simple to make and easy to customize for all the wonderful people in your life. Whether it’s for your best friend, SO, mom, or grandma- there’s a jar for everyone! Need some inspiration? Check out some of these ideas:

1. For the Chocolate Lover

Fill a jar with mini chocolate covered pretzels. Use white chocolate covered to make a snowman or milk chocolate to create a reindeer. Decorate the outside accodingly with glue, construction paper, buttons, string and felt.

2. For the Manicure Fanatic

Place cotton balls at the bottom. Then, fill the jar with nail polish, nail polish remover, nail files, clippers anything you would need for an at home manicure!

3. For the Germaphobe

DIY your own soap dispenser! Poke a hole in the lid of the jar big enough to fit a soap pump (you can buy one or just recycle one from an empty soap dispenser). If you want to go all out, do a quick Google search and make your own DIY hand soap!

4. For the Partier

For those of you who are 21, give the gift of a mini bar in a jar! Fill the jar with mini bottles of whatever type of alcohol the gift-receiver will enjoy.

5. For the Baker

Add 1 ¾ cup flour, ¾ teaspoon baking soda, ¾ teaspoon salt, ¾ cup brown sugar, ½ cup sugar and 1 ½ cup chocolate chips into the jar. Don’t forget to layer so it looks pretty. Tie the recipe to the jar and it’s all ready to go!

6. For the Girl Who’s Not Prepared for Winter

Fill your jar with everything you need to survive the cold weather such as lotion, gloves, fuzzy socks and lip balm. 

7. For the Tea Addict

It doesn’t get much simpler than this. Fill your jar with different kind of tea you know this tea drinker will enjoy. Bonus points if the mason jar can double as a mug they can enjoy their tea in!

8. For the Grandma of the Group

Create a cute little sewing kit complete with needles, thread, measuring tape and little scissors!

9. For the Movie Lover

Give the gift of an at home movie night! Fill your jar with popcorn and candy. Throw in a Redbox gift card for extra movie fun!

10. For Anyone (as long as they like hot chocolate)

Fill the jar with hot cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, crushed peppermint, chocolate chips and anything else you like to add to hot cocoa!

Try out some of our DIY gifts in a jar this year! Create a cute one? Send us pictures on our Instagram page @hercampus_wvwc. Happy Holidays and happy crafting!

DIY and John Mayer enthusiast. I watch Elf year-round, eat bdubs way too often, and sing way too loudly. I'm a psychology major at West Virginia Wesleyan College, my home among the hills.