This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Hello there, gorgeous collegiette! It’s been a long summer, but it sure feels great to be back. Even though summers are always a blast and the free time and nice weather are marvelous, it’s always a pleasure to get back into the groove of classes, meetings and campus living. Some of you may be freshman very new to the game, or upperclassmen who already know some of the ropes. Whoever you are and no matter where you’re coming from, I hope you bring your beauty and self-confidence with you. I’ve put together a lookbook featuring a couple of my friends, as well as our favorite makeup looks that are inspiring us this fall to wake up and slay—and we hope they can do the same for you! Neutral eye with a wing + bold brown lip = Sultry Daytime Glam

This is one of my best friends, Makayla. On the daily, you will probably see her walking around campus with me and my pals rocking a bold brown or purple lipstick, as they are some of her favorites. She likes to wear neutral eyeshadows, such as browns, bronzes and coppers, and throw on an eyeliner wing and a bold lip  to accentuate her features. Makayla is using Tartelette In Bloom from Tarte and NYX Matte Lipstick in Maison.

Hot red lip + bright orange eyes = Bold from Classes to Evening Socials

And here is another one of my best darlings, Brooke. Her makeup is always on and ready to make a statement and she can pull off just about anything. Here, she is wearing Project Chimps from Kat Von D, a bold red liquid lippie (bonus: 20 percent of the profit from this lipstick goes to a charity supporting the release of chimps used for biomedical research). So, not only is it a great bang for your buck, the color can’t be beat. 

Brooke is using Modern Renaissance by Anastasia Beverly Hills and Morphe 35OS.

Cool-toned smokey eye + neutral lip = The Way to Rock a Job Interview

And lastly, myself. Over the summer, I experimented so much with my makeup collection and tried a lot of new looks that I was very surprised with. One thing I have learned is the importance of complimentary colors and blending everything together to look flawless. I wore this look to classes and meetings and felt very sophisticated and professional just from my makeup! I used a palette that is sadly no longer sold, but to get the same effect I would recommend this palette from Urban Decay. My liquid lipstick is Lolita 2 from Kat Von D. 

Take some inspiration from this lookbook and try something new and unexpected the next time you’re transforming your faces, ladies! Remember to post with the hashtag #HCXOWVWC on Twitter and Instagram. Until next time, lovelies!

I love makeup and caffeine.