Elizabeth Clever ’16: RA, Writer, and More

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

They say there’s only so much that one person can do. But for sophomore Elizabeth Clever, that’s more of a guideline. 

“I just love being busy” she says. “It gives me a sense of duty.”

Elizabeth is an RA, a writer for Her Campus, a member of Alpha Gamma Delta and Alpha Psi Omega, an assistant stage manager of The Glass Menagerie, and a part of Bobcat entertainment.

A recent initiate of Alpha Psi Omega theatre honorary (APO), Elizabeth says she had a lot of fun going through the initiation process.

“I’m very excited to contribute to APO and help revive old traditions that will become more prominent on campus.”

Elizabeth has been involved with theatre since she was a freshman in high school. Her first role was the murderer in a murder-mystery dinner theatre; at that point, she knew the theatre was where she belonged.

“I love performing,” she says. “I love being a stage manager, but I miss being on stage. I’m excited to be able to perform again.”

Elizabeth says she also enjoys being an RA. The job allows her to meet a variety of people in her building as well as around campus. She says she loves interacting with new people because it allows her to “build a sense of community for people on campus, which is important especially for freshman.”

As a sister of Alpha Gamma Delta, she also sees the importance in community service. She tries to carve out time from her busy schedule to help others through not only being an RA, but also through her sorority’s philanthropy, the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation.

After college, Elizabeth hopes to become a book editor.

“I just loves books,” she gushes. “All I want to do is work in the publishing industry. And wherever that takes me, that’s where I’ll go.”

And with that, Elizabeth’s free spirit will lead her wherever she might go.

A Writing and Gender Studies Major, Alpha Gamma Delta sister, and 4Her.