sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Daya Gives WVWC a Legendary Night

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“Oh, I don’t know what you’ve been told, but this gal right here’s gonna rule the world.”

Daya visited WVWC Saturday night for a concert—and she certainly didn’t disappoint! What better lyrics could you ask for from an empowered woman on her way to success?

Before Daya began her portion of the show, the audience enjoyed the opening act, Public. Self-labeled as “your favorite unsigned band,” these guys really knew how to put on a great show. They played several of their songs, and some even had a story attached. One of the best parts of their act was their cover of Britney Spears’s “Toxic.” It engaged the crowd and set for some great dance moves from the band members! Make sure to check these guys out on Twitter @PUBLICTHEBAND!

Source

After the crowd had time to settle from the opening act, it was time for Daya. Opening her performance with her empowering hit song “Sit Still Look Pretty,” she got the crowd going right away. The audience was captivated by her genuine personality. At only 17 years old, Daya explained that she resonated most with the college crowd. Not only is this girl super talented and genuine, her beauty is striking! 

Daya sang a few of her most popular songs, like “Don’t Let Me Down” and “Legendary,” and also sang some songs that will be released on her new album. One of the highlights of the entire concert was when Daya’s band members left the stage, and she sang “Back To Me” while she played the keyboard. During this moment, the audience waved glow sticks back and forth, and a hush fell over the crowd as it hung on her every word. She finished her show with her first big hit, “Hide Away,” as the crowd joined in with singing and dancing of its own.

Source

Public and Daya left WVWC with a night that students will never forget; if you missed the opportunity to see this performance, then you definitely missed out! Be sure to check out Daya’s album, Sit Still, Look Pretty, coming out October 7! And ladies, always remind yourselves: “This queen don’t need a king!” 

Source