Cozy Things to Do Inside

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Say goodbye to October! While the weather starts to get colder and we wind up stuck indoors, we’re going to need to find ways to keep ourselves entertained long enough to avoid cabin fever. If you catch yourself becoming bored while you’re waiting out the winter, we’ve got some ideas to make your indoor stay a lot more enjoyable!

1. Take a Bubble Bath! We don’t mean any ordinary bath. We’re talking about bubbles, bath bombs, candles, and all the works. Relax and really pamper yourself!
  2. Read a Book! Curl up with a good book. Make it one you’ve never read before, and get some excitement in your stay-cation!
  3. Build a Fort! Whether you’re with friends or kicking it alone, no one can resist a comfy fort. Include all your pillows, blankets, stuffed animals, and whatever else you may find useful; you’ll be getting extra cozy on this chilly day.
  4. Have a Movie Marathon! This can include your favorite film series, a Netflix splurge, or just a bunch of random movies in no particular order. With a huge bowl of popcorn and snacks, you’ll be entertained for hours and hours.
  5. Bake Something Sweet! Baking an awesome cake or pie for no real occasion can always be really fun. Just stuff a tray of cupcakes in the oven and see how creatively you can decorate them. Not only are you granted an artistic outlet while ornamenting your dessert, but you’ll have a tasty treat afterward.
  6. Have a Game Night! Be it board games, video games, or old fashioned hide-and-seek, games can get your mind moving and heart pumping on a dreary day cooped up in the house!
  7. Have a Photography Session! Pull out a camera, or even your phone, and shoot whatever speaks to you! It’s fun to take the things you see every day and try to create art with it. You and your friends could also doll yourselves up and take some glamour shots!
  8. Do Arts and Crafts! Decorating and making your space your own is really cool, especially when you’ve made those things yourself! Grab some scissors, some hot glue, and whatever you can get your hands on. Your walls and desk space are never too full.

We hope you stay warm and comfy this winter season, and let those creative juices flow!