burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Corinne Weaver: Classy With Some Sass

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Andrea Shepherd: How would you describe your style?
Corinne Weaver: Classic with a preppy vibe. I love timeless pieces like button-ups and riding boots, and I have an unhealthy obsession with pearls. Because I’m in dance clothes a lot, I am always excited for a chance to dress up, especially in classy, vintage silhouettes.    

AS: Which celebrity would you say you look up to most when it comes to style?
CW: My all-time style icon is Kate Middleton. She always looks elegant and put together, even when she’s out for a casual event.  

AS: What are some of your favorite stores? Why?
CW: When I can splurge, I head to the J. Crew and Tommy Hilfiger outlets, but I usually shop at Gap, J.C. Penney, and Belk. I can get affordable pieces that mix and match over every season, and they last through the years. When I need statement pieces or accessories, I stop by Forever 21 and T.J. Maxx to find inexpensive finishing touches.

AS: What do you look for most when shopping; shoes, accessories, or clothing?
CW: Honestly, I can’t pick just one!

Shoes are such a great way to bring color and fun to an outfit. My favorite finds include pale green and bright purple Keds for $20 each, and a pair of quilted riding boots for $35. I like to add red heels to a suit for an interview, too!

I’m more minimalistic when it comes to accessories, but I like small jewelry and classic purses. You can’t go wrong with pearls, boat totes, nautical print bags, and pashmina scarves. My latest purchase was a pair of big, Audrey Hepburn-inspired black sunglasses. They add a touch of drama to the everyday.

When I go shopping, I keep an eye out for cute chino pants and shorts, patterned button-ups, fit-and-flare dresses, and classic sweaters! I definitely stay out of the Juniors’ section and opt for an older look. 

An older, sophisticated look is exactly what Corinne dons, as her look is timeless. Catch her Her Campus Radio Show on C92 FM, Mondays from 4-6 P.M.!