Campus Celebrity: Lexi Jani

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky

This week’s campus celebrity is a senior with a sparkling personality that you will have to get to know before the end of the year! You have less than two months with Lexi Jani!

Major: Educational Studies with a minor in Psychology and Gender Studies

Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Why did you choose Wesleyan?: In my search for higher education, I didn’t know what I was looking for in a college. My parents were very impressed with the Learning Center at Wesleyan, because I’m a student who struggles with dyslexia. So, it just made sense to go here.

What activities are you involved in at Wesleyan?: I am a sister of Zeta Tau Alpha, a Learning Center mentor, a Frist Generation College mentor and part of the National Society of Leadership and Success.

Best memory/memory at college: Recently, it’s been sweet potato night with my friends every Wednesday evening! Another amazing memory at college was going Zeta my sophomore year. I got the best Big Sister, Kelsie and created lasting bonds with alum, like Adrian, Launy, Kayla, and more. I’ve also made great friends from my sisterhood like Tabby, Emily and my perfect Little, Madison.

Favorite Food: Spicy chicken nuggets from Wendy’s and sweet potato fries!

Hobbies: Eating ungodly amounts of sweet potatoes, watching television shows (Game of Thrones, Friends, Bob’s Burgers, Insecure, Family Guy, Gossip Girl, etc.), and treating myself to shopping, nails, hair, wax, and everything else.

Future Plans: After I graduate, I’m taking a year off to figure out my life and travel to India. Then, I will be applying to graduate schools for Industrial-organizational psychology.

Dream Job: Make a living traveling and experiencing different cultures and documenting it on a blog or video cast, like a National Geographic channel or Discovery channel documentary about me and my experiences

Any special talents?: I have a black belt in karate, and I can touch my tongue to my nose.

What is your spirit animal?: Blair Waldorf

Favorite place to be?: My favorite place is when I am at my Ba’s house and she makes my favorite Indian dish for me.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?: I have no idea where I see myself in five years, but I hope I have found myself and what I am meant to do on this earth, be truly happy and sure of myself.

Any advice for your past self?: Don’t worry about what others think, just what you and your family’s opinions. Do what makes you happy, no matter what. Step outside of your comfort zone, and don’t be scared to make mistakes.

Don’t miss out on the opportunity to become friends with Lexi! This year may be quickly coming to an end, and Lexi will be preparing for graduation before you know it. There is still time! Maybe you can bond over sweet potatoes or binge watch Netflix together? No matter what you do, Lexi will have an unfaltering charm and massive heart! 

Junior Public Relations major. I have an obsession with my dog and every form of coffee.