Campus Celebrity: Anna Slayden

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go to that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Howard Thurman

College is almost out for the summer, but we have another campus celebrity for you to meet! I bet you have seen this smiling face around campus. If you haven’t, you’re going to want to meet her before summer break! This week’s campus celebrity is Anna Slayden!

Major: Biology

Hometown: Martinsburg, WV

Why did you choose Wesleyan: I chose Wesleyan because I wanted a home away from home. The first time I stepped foot on campus I knew I found a college that would not only provide incredible educational opportunities but more importantly, provide a place that would create lasting memories, lifelong friendships, and immense opportunities for personal growth.

What activities are you involved in at Wesleyan: I am a Service Scholar and sister of Zeta Tau Alpha.

Best Memory/Memory at College: Going Zeta and all of my “firsts” of freshman year!

Favorite Food: McChickens… anything chicken and ice cream.

Hobbies: I enjoy DIY projects, painting, hiking, and hanging out with my sisters!

Future Plans: Ultimately, I plan to go to med school after graduating from Wesleyan and become a pediatrician. However, I also plan to not take life for granted while I’m working towards my future career. I want to travel abroad and take advantage of every chance I have to travel the world.

Dream Job: Getting paid to travel and work with kids

Any Special Talents: I haven’t found it yet  

What is your spirit animal: A wildflower even though that’s not an animal

Favorite Place to Be: Outdoors or in the car driving with my windows down

Where do you see yourself in 5 years: Probably in med school studying all day, every day. I honestly have no idea though, this year alone has brought so much personal growth I can hardly imagine where I will be in 5 years.

Any advice for your past self: Don’t rely on others for happiness. Your self-worth goes way beyond others opinions.

If you don’t already know Anna, then you definitely need to! A wildflower at heart who has huge dreams and an adventurous soul. This week’s campus celebrity is one of a kind!

Junior Public Relations major. I have an obsession with my dog and every form of coffee.
Just a small town girl living in an even smaller college town. I'm an Accounting major at WVWC in hopes of someday going to law school. I enjoy coffee, jumping in puddles, & petting the locals' dogs when they take them for walks on campus.