jakob owens WUmb eBrpjs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens WUmb eBrpjs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Brehana Scott, Social Media Guru

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

This year’s first campus celebrity is, drumroll please… Our very own Social Media Editor, Brehana Scott!

Bre is a senior public relations major from Lewisburg, W.Va. Originally, she was drawn to WVWC because of track but has since retired from the team. Although no longer a part of the track team, she is still actively involved on campus through Wesleyan’s radio station, C92, holding the positions of Executive Secretary and Director of Public Relations. She also plans on joining the Black Student Union for her senior year. 

An avid user of all kinds of social media, Bre knows that the best ways to inspire people is through the internet and pulls inspiration from the iconic Kim Kardashian-West. Although she is sometimes seen in a negative light, there is no surprise that she has a very strong social media presence. Having the second most Instagram followers (behind Beyoncé, of course) with a whopping 42 million, Kim K-W has the power to strongly influence many people. Just by one post, she can support other celebrities, her family and even charities. She may have millions of eyes on her at all times, but it’s this notoriety that allows her to spread positivity and support to her followers. She may not on the same level as Kim K-W, but Bre clearly still has the power to influence young women every day.

A new member to HC WVWC, Bre’s goal is to spread positivity and inspiration to the young women at the national level and on a more personal, campus-wide level.

“Her Campus is all about the empowerment of collegiette women,” she says. “Where better to do that than via social media? Social media tends to get a bad rep for all the cyber junk out in society. But as Social Media Editor I’m able to input at least a little positivity for the ladies of Wesleyan throughout the week, whether it be to give them hope, a laugh or a virtual hug.” 

Be sure to follow Her Campus WVWC on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook to see what Bre posts next! Chances are it will be something entertaining, inspirational and above all, fun!

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !