Baylee Summers ’17 – WVWC Long Distance Runner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

This weekend the Wesleyan Track and Field team will travel to Charleston, West Virginia to compete in the Mountain East Conference Championships. 

Among the athletes defending the bobcats 2014 MEC title is Baylee Summers, a little blonde dynamite who trumps the competition in long distance events.

After cramming finals into two short days, she and the team are focused in on the weekend’s schedule, including her 10K run Sunday night.

This dizzying run around the track is the ultimate test of endurance and will-power, but is her signature run.

As her coach likes to say, “It’s 25 laps of Baylee Summers!”

She is a seasoned veteran, named First-Team All Conference for bobcat cross country last semester, and is confident in her ability to help her team to victory.

Baylee, a sophomore from Hurricane, West Virginia, studies exercise science and has mastered the art of being a student athelete.

In addition to excelling in the classroom, she is a tutor for the biology department, the new member coordinator for Alpha Delta Pi, and a member of Alpha Lambda Delta.

Her energy, sweet demeanor, and touch of sass is matched only by her passion for her sport. We are sure she will finish this season, and the semester, out strong!

Good luck to Baylee and her fellow Wesleyan Track and Field athletes this weekend! Bring home the win, bobcats!

A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!