Austin Jerman: Campus Celebrity

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“You don’t have a right to the cards you believe you should have been dealt. You have an obligation to play the hell out of the ones you’re holding.” – Cheryl Strayed

This week’s Campus Celebrity is an active Greek Life member and fun-loving human. He is known as Austin Jerman to many, but “Jerm” to most; here is a little bit more about him!

Year: Sophomore

Major: Exercise Science

Hometown: Ronceverte, WV

Why Did You Choose WVWC: I chose Wesleyan for a variety of reasons. My grandparents are both retired Methodist ministers and my grandpa was ordained here. He got me to come tour, and everyone I met seemed genuine and very caring and I fell in love with Wesleyan.

What Activities Are You Involved In On Campus: I am a brother of Theta Chi, where I serve as the PR and Social Chair. I’m also the Zeta Man!

Best Memory At College: My favorite memory from college would definitely have to be my Jump weekend. Going Greek was one of the best decisions I have ever made!

Hobbies: I enjoy reading, drawing, hiking and pretty much anything outdoors.

Future Plans: I plan on continuing my education after graduating here and going to Med School where I plan to become an Orthopedic Surgeon and specialize in Sports Medicine.

Dream Job: Be a team doctor for a professional sports team

Any Special Talents: I don’t know. Drawing maybe? Or making people laugh!

Spirit Animal: All of my friends are convinced it’s a squirrel.

Favorite Place To Be: Front porch of the house

Advice For My Past Self: Don’t worry about the little things. Focus on the stuff that will make you succeed in what you want to do. The only way you can go is up, you just have to push yourself.

There you have it, Wesleyan! Another Campus Celebrity to watch for across campus! And it will be hard to miss this one! 

Junior Public Relations major. I have an obsession with my dog and every form of coffee.
Just a small town girl living in an even smaller college town. I'm an Accounting major at WVWC in hopes of someday going to law school. I enjoy coffee, jumping in puddles, & petting the locals' dogs when they take them for walks on campus.