Andy Kall ’14: Theta Chi Fraternity President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

With fall recruitment now in hindsight, Greek life officers can enjoy the fruits of their labor. With nearly 50 new members to West Virginia Wesleyan College Greek Life, Andy Kall, president of Theta Chi fraternity, calls recruitment week a success.

Recruitment always seems like the busiest week on campus, but it isn’t anything Kall hasn’t seen before. As a fifth-year senior from Medina, Ohio, he has done it all. With a completed undergraduate degree in communication and minors in history, business, and honors, Kall is now completing the 5-year MBA program. Over the years, he has been involved in many leadership positions at Wesleyan, including general manager of the C92 Student Radio, president of LPH (the National Communication Honor Society), freshman seminar leader, captain of the cross-country and track teams, and president of Theta Chi Fraternity. Kall has big post-graduation plans.

“I’ll probably win the lottery, but if that doesn’t work out, I’ll either pursue a career in management or, if I am accepted into the Fulbright program, I’ll go to Germany,” Kall says.

College has set him up for his future, especially being a part of Greek life.

“Being a part of Theta Chi has taught me leadership, organization, and social skills that I will be able to use anywhere I go,” Kall says. “As president, there is never a boring day, and the guys keep it interesting. But I really do love them because they make my job fun. It has been the best time of my life, and I wouldn’t change it for anything. I have met my best friends in this fraternity as well as in other Greek organizations. It is going to be so hard to leave it all behind.”

This year’s freshman class is the largest in 10 years, which means large spring recruitment numbers. This will be a huge opportunity for Greek life to grow and really make fraternities and sororities better than they have ever been.

“I am expecting record numbers in the coming spring recruitment,” Kall says. “I think Greek life will grow exponentially. Fall recruitment has really set us up to be successful in the coming semester, and I think even the overall GPAs of Greek life will improve. To anyone considering going Greek: at least go through recruitment! It has provided great opportunities for me over the years, and it isn’t like the stereotypes you hear about. My best friends are in Greek life with me.”

Kall calls joining Greek life “the best decision [he has] ever made.” Consider going through recruitment next semester to see for yourself!

My name is Morgan Hobbs and I am a senior at West Virginia Wesleyan College in Buckhannon, WV. I play for the Women's Basketball team, am philanthropy and athletic chair for Alpha Xi Delta sorority, and head up the intramural program. I am also an English Education major and have really fallen in love with teaching. Someday I hope to teach, coach, and be very involved in a high school or middle school. It's so nice to meet you!